As the Chief Engineer, you will fill a key role in maintaining the appearance and presentation of your hotel of an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure repairs, maintenance, and the preventative maintenance program are completed as directed. The Chief Engineer also supports/monitors capital repair and renovation projects. The leader of this dynamic team oversees, coordinates and assists the activities of any maintenance staff. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and quality presentation of all hotel facilities, be detail oriented, preferably with facility maintenance experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Two years of college or vocational training in electrical or mechanical engineering or plumbing plus five (5) years’ work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services for a hotel or hotels. Needs experience in technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Specialization in these trades is required. An ability to advance knowledge in these areas is essential.
- Certification and/or License Requirement: Professional certification and licensure if required by law. Minimum Type III EPA Certification for refrigerant reclamation and charging.
- Supervises and assists engineering staff in maintaining and repairing fire and life safety systems, room equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool equipment, lighting, laundry equipment and other systems/equipment as directed.
- Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines. Conducts training of co-workers and subordinates as required.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of work, and products and materials used in, repair activities.
- Manages or assists in hiring, firing, training, assisting with career development and performance evaluations for maintenance staff.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles and needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions
About Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 700 hotels and resorts with more than 85,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels. Our highly resourced company offers an unrivaled track record of creating and maximizing asset value and holds an enviable position as an exclusive management company approved to operate all brands within the Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, Wyndham, and InterContinental systems as well as their respective newly launched soft brands.
Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Aimbridge Hospitality is and will forever be a “high touch” organization. From the principals to the front line associates, the Aimbridge team is engaged in guest, partner (both investment and brand), and associate satisfaction. At Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Having fun helps us keep perspective! If we’re happy, our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community.
Career Advancement at Aimbridge Hospitality
Aimbridge Hospitality values innovative ideas that ensure high productivity and rewards those willing to step forward and help us develop passionate team members that deliver outstanding guest service and top financial results. We want you to succeed and explore new positions which allow you to progress in your career. Our culture and programs prepare you to meet and exceed your personal goals. Every leader knows the key to success is continuous training to all team members, and to proactively encourage and provide them with opportunities for advancement.