Best Western Charleston Inn
Location: US - SC - Charleston
Dec 5, 2017
Direct and manage the daily operations of the Engineering & Maintenance department including staff and facilities management. This is a multi-property position.
- Coordinate and direct all engineering related projects for the property.
- Manage the daily operations of all engineering and maintenance functions for the property including the maintenance of all physical facilities as well as conduct routine inspections to identify potential needs.
- Direct the activities and manage the performance of the engineering and maintenance team.
- Partner with Corporate and Property Senior Management to develop and implement engineering and maintenance policies, procedures, and practices for the property.
- Ensure regulatory compliance within the engineering and maintenance function, ensuring that all policies and practices are in compliance with required regulatory standards.
- Manage conservation issues such as air emissions consolidation, permitting, and tracking for the property.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in electrical/mechanical/plumbing systems (e.g. HVAC, boilers, fire systems, refrigeration systems, lighting, appliances and other hotel equipment).
- Conduct ongoing room preventative maintenance program.
- Resolve maintenance problems, complaints, and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Must have carpentry and painting skills (drywall and carpet repair work experience is a plus).
- Ensure department expenditures meet budget requirements.
- Solicit bids from contractors and evaluate their proposals with hotel management. (Once contractor is selected and employed, ensure work is completed to specifications.)
- Coordinate with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Supervise pool management to ensure pool is properly maintained to include cleanliness and chemical content.
- Maintain the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. lawn care, painting).
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive, well-rounded maintenance and engineering management experience required.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to manage project execution and follow-up, balance multiple priorities, work under time constraints, and approach work proactively.
- Must have three to five years HVAC and plumbing systems experience in a hospitality related environment.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, refrigeration, life safety operating systems, preventative maintenance programs, and OSHA regulations. Certifications a plus.
US $48,000.00-US $52,000.00 / Day
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Operations Manager, Engineering/Maintenance/Grounds, Maintenance