Complete responsibility for maintaining the hotel's appearance, equipment and systems.
This position entails active hands on management in the supervision of all work and repairs being performed.
This individual serves on the hotel executive committee as well as the Manager on Duty program.
The Chief Engineer is expected to have direct involvement with guest and employees.
This is a hands on position that requires active, vigorous leadership.
1. Ensure assets are maintained to achieve maximum useful life in terms of serviceability and appearance.
2. To provide effective cost controls within the department.
3. Ensure aggressive guest first approach among team members and provide a friendly guest contact experience.
4. Achieve the human resource goals for the Maintenance Department.
a. Proper hiring and orientation of new team members.
b. The continued training and development of team members.
c. Provide a professional and caring work environment.
d. Maintain effective communication and feedback with departmental staff.
5. Maintain a professional and ethical image for the Maintenance Department.
6. Lead the Safety and Security effort at the property.
7. Provide needed input in development of and provide supervision of CIM projects.
Progressive Management experience and track record of success in Hotel or Commercial Building Maintenance including specific experience in preventative maintenance program
1. HVAC certification required.
2. Journey person experience in electrical, mechanical, plumbing or HVAC trade.
3. Chief Maintenance experience in a like size hotel.
4. Strong interpersonal/leadership skills, professional caring approach towards employees.
5. "Do it now" approach.
6. Vocational training in appropriate areas.
7. Knowledge and experience in budgeting and expense control.
8. Must have 4-star Brand Hotel experience.
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes