Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - DFW Airport North
Location: US - TX - Irving
PM Hotel Group, 20 top management companies in the United States, has a great opportunity for a experienced General Manager in the Dallas Market.
The Chief Engineer is responsible to supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities, and administer the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates. Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the hotel’s mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FF&E, grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by PM Hotel Group and brand standards.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Use the PM Hotel Group efforts for all recruiting and on-boarding activities.
• Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
• Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
• Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
• Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests.
• Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters, and completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
• Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (i.e. snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
• Maintain franchise standards and follow up on inspection deficiencies
• Coordinate compliance of service contracts.
• Implement and maintain PM Hotel Group preventative maintenance program.
• Implement and maintain PM Hotel Group room care programs.
• Implement and maintain PM Hotel Group engineering department minimum standards.
• Assist General Manager with annual capital plan development.
• Actively participate in PM Hotel Group safety plans and energy improvements.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.