At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The Chief Engineer will assist guests with maintenance or other requests, identify and correct problems, organize workloads and supervise all employees in accordance with Engineering and the property’s policies and procedures.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Chief Engineer will overseeing the maintenance staff, making sure that the guests’ maintenance needs or other requests, are being solved. Responsibilities also include project work, performing various work order tasks and maintaining preventive maintenance system for equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v High school diploma or equivalent.
v Project management experience
v Strong organizational and time management skills
v Five years experience in a similar job in the hospitality industry.
v Previous supervisor experience preferred.
v Ability to read and interpret HVAC, electrical, mechanical and plumbing blueprints.
v Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
v Ability to read wire and schematic diagrams.
v Ability to properly use a multimeter.
v Ability to organize and code monthly invoices
v Basic computer skills
1. Responsible for the maintaining the Property Operations functions. Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
2. Directs, trains and supervises staff in accordance with Property Operations and the property’s policies and procedures.
3. Resolves guest’s problems and handles all guest requests.
4. Identifies problems, initiates work orders, accomplished assigned work orders and does all necessary repairs.
5. Performs preventative maintenance and maintains logs in an organized manner.
6. Complete the duty rounds checklists and correct any problems noted.
7. Responsible for correct use of the office equipment, the EMS system and the Life Safety Systems (training provided).