JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The primary function of a Chief Engineer is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for working order of mechanical systems. The Chief Engineer must maintain a safe and working environment throughout the hotel for all associates, enforce safety guidelines and build awareness about safety.
Essential Job Functions
- Directly responsible for the maintenance and operation of all the equipment on the property site and the building structure itself. This includes refrigeration and air conditioning, the fire alarm system, boilers, primary and secondary power systems, and emergency generators.
- Responsible for the aesthetics of the exterior and interior of the building, continuously evaluates remodeling projects. Scheduling labor and material for remodeling and refurbishing projects.
- Scheduling department personnel to maintain 24-hour day coverage for preventative maintenance on building and equipment including external utilities such as water, power, gas, sewer, and also internal utilities, power systems and fire protection.
- Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy.
- Implements policies and procedures to ensure energy conservation throughout the hotel
- Conducts department meetings/training on a regular basis in conjunction with JHM Hotels’ standards and Brand standards including maintenance techniques and safe use of cleaning products.
- Responsible to insure that JHM Hotels’ standards and Brand standards are met in all physical areas of the hotel including outside the building.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with state building codes and regulations, OSHA safety codes and adherence to Fire Department standards of safety and evacuation procedures.
- Cooperates with all Department Heads, sets up departmental meetings, supervisory meetings and internal departmental meetings.
- Monitors any new construction. Interacts as necessary with designers, architects, contractors, and public utilities, the Fire Department, Health Department, insurance agencies, and OSHA. Works with Department Heads in preparing budgets. Prepares new work orders for construction projects, as well as monitoring requisitioned supplies and equipment for the Maintenance and Engineering Departments.
- Coordinates hotel emergency procedures, in conjunction with General Manager. Develop an effective emergency plan for hotel. Conduct drills with staff. Train staff on the operation of emergency systems and equipment. Train all MOD's on emergency procedures, equipment, water and electrical shutoff etc. Schedule regular inspection and maintenance of all emergency equipment (kitchen hood extinguisher, fire extinguisher, alarm systems etc.).
- Confers closely with the General Manager and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist guests wherever required.
- Keeps General Manager promptly informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs performance appraisals on all direct reports as required.
High school diploma required. Minimum 2 years experience in a Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer position preferred. Experience with food and beverage equipment desirable. Certifications in the major engineering disciplines (electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing) preferred.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.