EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Ensure all required repairs and maintenance is performed on all hotel equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by guests, Housekeeping, and/or management. Such duties could consist of HVAC, plumbing and electrical repairs, and furniture replacement and/or repair, etc.
Average Percent of Time
25% Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to guests.
25 % Carry out preventive maintenance program to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating air-conditioning, water treatment systems and pools).
25 % Focus on energy management, preventive maintenance and capital project planning.
- Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining "green" initiatives.
- Lead hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts and ensure timely completion of projects within budget
10 % Monitor departmental budget and adjust strategy to assure that it correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan.
5 % Hire, train, and supervise Engineering Department associates including coaching, counseling, and discipline. Development goals for Associates.
10 % Educate and train all hotel associates in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure associates are properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hotel equipment and assets per set schedule.
- Perform daily walk through, record all meter readings and boiler temperature.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel Engineering Associates.
- Schedule Associates - taking into consideration expected guest arrivals and departures, occupancy levels, guest service needs and budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain and facilitate effective training programs.
- Ensure that Engineering Associates are properly uniformed and are following all hotel procedures.
- Ensure that all operations of Engineering equipment and procedures are understood and performed safely in accordance with company guidelines and government regulations.
- Know hotel emergency procedures and where all emergency shut-offs are located. Assist hotel Guests when necessary in case of an emergency.
- Facilitates all Emergency Response Training and Safety Training for all hotel Associates.
- Perform special projects assigned in time set for each project.
- Provide written details of work performed on Work Order forms and other documents.
- Record all maintenance request work performed in the log program and return request to proper location on request board or as directed.
- Assemble weekly and Period Summary Maintenance Reports and identify and track trends in order to anticipate future work projects and costs.
- Inform Front Desk and Housekeeping of rooms where work is being performed so they can be put out of order if needed. Will notify Front Desk and Housekeeping when work has been completed.
- Lead hotel Safety Committee and administer Safety Training programs
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop PC's, networking, peripherals, and computerized HVAC systems.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Be able to deal with frequent change, and adapt to occupancy-based business needs.
- Manage day to day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for Associates. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve Associate performance.
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, Associates in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures. Maintain relations with outside contacts including guest, regulatory agencies, others as needed.
High School graduate or equivalent required, Two (2) year college degree preferred. Equivalent work experience or advanced vocational training is a plus.
- At least (4) years in an Engineering leadership role at a 200 to 400 unit full-service, hotel.
- Basic computers skills helpful. Facility maintenance skills, knowledge of proper chemical handling, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and small appliance repair skills required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
All Associates must maintain a neat, clean, professional and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Respirator Dust Mask
- Face Shield
- Protective Gloves
- Protective Eyewear
- Long Pants
- Hearing Protection
Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to warm, wet and/or humid conditions. The individual is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.(ref. 10080)