Windsor Capital Group
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position:
To supervise the maintenance operations for the hotel, i.e., refrigeration, heating, plumbing, etc., maintaining standards as required.
1. Supervises, develops and maintains an ongoing maintenance operation for the hotel, including refrigeration, heating, plumbing, water treatment, preventive maintenance, hotel rooms, A/H units, ice machines, swimming pools, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergency generators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electrical substations, etc.
2. Ensures all project are completed according to specifications and are completed on time.
3. Works closely with Housekeeper and Front Desk Manager to ensure coordination of activities.
4. Aids and instructs craftsmen in scheduling wok, ordering material and completing assignments by a specified date.
5. Meets with architects to discuss blueprints, contacts contractors to submit bids for new construction, and meets with construction supervisors to discuss different phases of work.
6. Performs work within departmental expense plans.
7. Studies work schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
8. Interprets specifications, job orders, and company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
9. Establishes or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules, recommends measures to improve production.
10. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
11. Initiates or suggest plans to motivate workers.
12. Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as training, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
13. Maintains time and production records.
14. May estimate, requisition, and inspect materials.
15. May confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities or individual departments.
16. May confer with workers’ representatives to resolve grievances.
17. May set up machines and equipment.
18. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
* Understand the technologies required in the work you are directing.
* Plan and direct the work of others, either directly or through lower level supervisors.
* Work with a variety of situations.
* Solve problems using facts and personal judgment.
* React quickly in emergency situations and make decisions that may involve a great amount of money or the safety of others.
* Work with different kinds of people.
Physical Demands: Medium work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
Environmental Conditions: Both: Inside and Outside: A job is considered “both” if the activities occur inside or outside in approximately equal amounts. Noise and Vibration: Sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to the sense of hearing, and / or sufficient vibration (production of an oscillating movement or strain on the body or its extremities from repeated motion or shock) to cause bodily harm if endured day after day.
Reasoning, Mathematical and Language Development are indicative of the general level of development required to do this job. Some, but not necessarily all, areas mentioned in this section will be included in this job.
Reasoning Development: Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety or concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Mathematical Development: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ration and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights and measures
Algebra: Calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ratio and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals.
Geometry: Calculate plane and solid figures, circumference, area, and volume. Understand kinds or angles, and properties or pairs of angles.
Language Development: Reading: Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Writing: Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speaking: Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and a well-modulated voice.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken based on analysis of data, executing determination of and/or reporting on events.
People: Supervising: Determining or interpreting work procedures fro a group of workers, assigning specific duties to them, maintaining harmonious relations among them and promoting efficiency. A variety of responsibilities is involved in this function.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, object or material.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Over 2 years of Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs.
.WCG offers many benefits including:
PTO, Sick Time, Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits, On-Shift Employee Lunch , 401(k), EAP, Hotel Discounts, LifeMart Discounts.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS: Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization. WCG accepts all employment applications online and via paper application. For a paper application in English please click HERE WCG Application - English. For a paper application in Spanish please click HERE WCG Application - Spanish. Please mail back all applications in a sealed envelope marked confidential and with attention to Human Resources to 211 E. Huntington Dr., Arcadia, CA 91006.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
View the 2017 Federal and State Employer Postings HERE
View the 2017 Federal and State Employer Postings-Continued HERE
Vacancies may change at any time and without notice. For more information call (626)566-3787.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.
*Annual figure for information only. It is not an offer for a defined period. WCG is an "at-will" employer.