Aparium Hotel Group is looking for a Chief Engineer for The Foundation Hotel in Detroit Michigan. The hotel is scheduled to open Spring 2017.
Do you want to be part of the exciting revitalization of Detroit? The Foundation Hotel is at the forefront of the renewal of the Motor City. A transformation of the former Detroit Fire Department Headquarters and adjacent Pontchartrain Wine Cellar building, The Foundation will be the top hotel in the market with authentic inspiration, design, and programming that respects Detroit’s past, yet is looking forward through its revival.
The food and beverage programming will include a three-meal restaurant and bar with approximately 200 covers positioned to be among the top restaurants in the region. The hotel’s restaurant will present iconic New American cuisine, and with space that will serve as an incubator for culinary students, up and coming chefs and visiting culinary influencers. The elevated bar program will focus on collaboration with Michigan breweries and distillers.
The hotel will feature approximately 4500 square feet of meeting space, including a rooftop ballroom and a unique podcast studio.
The 100-room hotel is scheduled to open Spring 2017. Managed by Aparium Hotel Group, the hotel experience will be driven by the brand pillars of translocal hospitality, collaboration and intuitive service. The powerful culmination of these elements creates a truly unique environment.
Aparium’s service culture is rooted in the belief that art and science are necessary to curate the guest experience. The art of the experience comes together through the power of people, place and character. The science is embedded throughout our standards and training resources. This creates a powerful service experience that enhances every guest interaction.
As a member of the pre-opening team, you will be part of a hotel unlike anything else in the area. The hotel is scheduled to open in the Spring 2017. The Chief Engineer will start 12 weeks prior to the hotel opening.
- Ensure all work being performed in building is done in a safe and secure manner
- Ability to work with vendors and contractors
- Conduct daily mechanical room and public area walkthroughs
- Understand all aspects of City Building and Fire codes
- Ensure the building is always up to the required codes
- Knowledge of budget including capital expenditures
- Maintain a clean and tidy building
- Able to clearly communicate in both technical and non-technical terms
- Conduct self in a most professional manner at all times to reflect the hotel standards
- Able to keep up with the latest in Technology related to Engineering
- Keep all aspects of Engineering as environmentally responsible as possible while still providing our guest with an excellent experience
- All other responsibilities assigned by management
- Five or more years of leadership experience in Engineering
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration and electric systems
- Steam plant knowledge of operations
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Basic computer and telecommunication systems knowledge
- OSHA certified
- Anticipate and deliver exceptional service consistently
- Intuitively service each guest, associate, visitor or client
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on the details
- Follow instinct and use her/his best judgment to create experiences for guests that are thoughtful and genuine
- Greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the hotel
- Maintain a good working relationship with other associates by promoting teamwork and fostering a harmonious working climate
- Partake in a positive work ethic and surrounding environment
- Standard hotel/restaurant setting
Aparium Hospitality Services, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. The Foundation Hotel is a smoke-free, drug-free facility, and equal opportunity employer.