A Career with Pearl Hospitality
Pearl's customer service philosophy is based on complete empathy for our guests. Walk into any Pearl property, and you'll meet front desk personnel who greet you with a smile. Food and beverage staff members who are eager to please. And housekeepers who are happy and upbeat.
Since our company culture is devoted to the satisfaction of our associates, every member of the Pearl team is devoted to the satisfaction of our guests. That commitment, in turn, results in a level of performance that far exceeds industry averages.
We believe that, by investing in the growth of our people, we're investing in the future growth of our company. This simple yet powerful idea is what sets Pearl apart from other hospitality companies - and what drives our continuing success.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join an award-winning high growth company?
The highly ranked Embassy Suites Downtown Fort Worth, Texas is seeking a Chief Engineer. This position requires a well seasoned, high-spirited, hard working individual.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Manage the daily activities of the Engineering department. Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule employees to ensure proper coverage. Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
* Educate/train employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all federal state and local laws and safety regulations. Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. May assist with other duties as assigned and may serve as "manager on duty" as required.
* Maintain and repair the interior and exterior of buildings, hotel rooms and contents. Ensure the execution and achievement of the hotel's preventive maintenance program goals.
* Monitor budget and control expenses within all areas of the department. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial.
* Establish and maintain procedures to: (1) ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., (2) replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and (3) to minimize waste.
* Contact contractors for bids and work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance.
* Update and maintain engineering policies, procedures, work orders, etc.
* Instill in all Engineering employees that they are there to serve the guest quickly and courteously.
* Current on all safety and sanitation policies and procedures that impact the property.
* Familiar with chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatments, pneumatics, control systems, water systems, boilers, refrigeration, compressors, etc.
* Experience with vehicle maintenance programs
* Strong technical skills in HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
* Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department.
*Foster the Pearl culture
*Passion and commitment to the department at an ownership level
*Oversee and teach associates to inspire loyalty and maximize profitability
*Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as the Pearl standards and procedures
*Ensure hotel maintenance and cleanliness is maintained to the highest level with attention to detail
*Maintain effective and open communication
*Control cost through execution of timely inventories and par controls
*Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
*Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
*Service hotel pool within the guidelines of the health department with proper documentation
*Maintain property in accordance with fire, building and health codes
*Operation of heavy equipment
*Daily and ongoing hotel preventative maintenance program execution
*Attention to detail is a must for PM's detail to ensure the highest quality standards
*Conduct required Pearl stand-ups and meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
*Train Maintenance Engineers to deliver the best product at the highest standards
*Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
*Must be able to monitor monthly expenses in compliance with the budget
*Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
*Treat guest, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
*Must maintain a safe working environment through ongoing compliance of safety guidelines
*Ensure emergency procedures are understood by all through ongoing training and documentation
*Conduct fire drills as specified with proper documentation
*Execute annual inspections of fire extinguishers, elevators, fire equipment and all required equipment
*Execute PM's on all hotel equipment in a timely manner to ensure safety and asset care
*Ensure all personnel certification is current with regards to brand and health department requirements
*Execute all work orders in a timely manner with follow-up when needed
*Execute Maintenance department in compliance with hotel and brand standards
*Ensure all Maintenance Engineers are trained on "Lock Out Tag Out" procedure
*Must be able to coach and counsel and provide clear and concise direction
*Be able to work under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
*Effectively create a weekly schedule that reflects the occupancy for effective cost control
*Ensure proper training of all associates on all procedures and standards
*Ensure approved uniforms are being worn at all times with nametags
*Ensure all work areas, storage areas and maintenance carts are organized and well maintained
*Timely execution of associate evaluations
*Provide a well-maintained and comfortable room for each guest every day
*Provide well-maintained meeting areas, public areas and back of the house
*Proactively monitor guest satisfaction and effectively increase scores in each area
*Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve issues to maintain high guest satisfaction
*Operate department in accordance with OSHA standards
*Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis
*Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
For more information on our company please visit http://www.pearl-realestate.com
Email resumes to email@example.com
Embassy Suites Downtown Fort Worth, Texas