Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
In charge of a specific station and assist Sous Chefs in running the day to day kitchen operations
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Responsible for the general day to day running of the department and to constantly improve standards
* Check & monitor food preparation, cost, quality, quantity and portion control on a daily basis
* Ensure hygiene standards are kept to the highest standards at all times
* Work closely with Stewards to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen area as well as the equipment and utensils
* Ensure safe and proper use of equipment at all times and instruct proper procedures to all culinary colleagues.
* Maintain & manage daily par stock levels for all items as agreed and ensure breakage and wastage are kept to an absolute minimum
* Organize and follow through trainings and conduct/attend daily meetings with the team
* Report any problems, failures of machines or small equipment etc. as soon as possible
* Inspect all refrigerated areas and ensure regular turnover of food items
* Continuously find ways to improve the efficiency of the operation
* Find methods of reducing costs without affecting the level of service provided
* Strive to propose -and initiate when approved- new services and products for our guests
* Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head from time to time
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Professional catering training
* 4 years of experience in similar position / 3 years hotel experience / 2 years of supervisory experience
* Excellent Food and Beverage knowledge
* Very flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and Management demands
* Outstanding technical cooking skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.