A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The Chef de Cuisine is responsible for the production and quality control of all food items a la carte and buffet within the signature restaurant and strives to bring up quality and guest experience to the next level.
He is to ensure a professional running of his kitchens and has to ensure that agreed quality, hygiene and other standards are kept or surpassed at all times.
He needs to be profitability and cost conscious and needs to be responsible in the daily requisitioning of all food goods.
He has to be familiar with local requirements and sanitation/ HACCP regulations.
He provides leadership, training and supervision on all production in his kitchen and oversees the quality as well as timely distribution of the food product served.
He works closely with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef and enhanced outlet chefs in planning adequate supply of required items for restaurants, menu development and other related areas.
- Culinary degree / diploma from an accredited culinary institution
- 2 years work experience in Asia/ Europe/ Middle East within deluxe hotel operation
- Minimum 4 years hotel experience in a similar capacity, experience within fine dining and Michelin star restaurant required
- Fluent in English
- Excellent organizational and administration skills
- Ability to exercise own discretion and make sound decisions
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure
- Team player with good initiative and leadership skills