Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for all aspects of the restaurant’s kitchen. S/he will train and motivate staff to exceed goals, while balancing profitability metrics. With focus on quality and production levels, the Chef de Cuisine will lead the culinary team on their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Supervises the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the culinary team
- Prepares operating and capital budgets and operates the kitchen within those guidelines
- Collaboratively works with the Restaurant Manager to exceed guest expectations
- Routinely solicits feedback from guests in the dining room
- Must be able to professionally communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Enforces workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Two year culinary arts degree required
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Three to five years of Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships