A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the worlds' finest hotels. The Group operates luxury hotels in key leisure and business destinations. In total Mandarin Oriental employs 12,000 colleagues in three continents with 13 hotels in Asia, 6 in North America and 10 in Europe.
Mandarin Oriental, Boston
An intimately luxurious hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Boston combines classic New England elegance with refined Oriental touches to create one of the most distinctive hospitality experiences in the region. Awarded both Forbes Five-Stars and AAA Five-Diamonds, Mandarin Oriental, Boston features 136 of the city's most spacious and luxurious guestrooms and 12 sumptuous suites with 10,000 square feet of exquisite meeting and event facilities including a 380-seat ballroom and executive boardroom, all offering floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Boston's Back Bay. The Hotel offers a 16,000 square foot Spa offering a holistic approach to wellness, combining Asian healing philosophies with ingredients unique to New England, as well as our signature restaurant Bar Boulud, a French-inspired bistro and wine bar from internationally acclaimed Chef Daniel Boulud. Just a short 15-minute drive from Logan International Airport, Mandarin Oriental, Boston connects guests to the city's finest shopping, cultural venues and business institutions from its prime location in the heart of Boston's chic Back Bay on Boylston Street.
Scope of Position
It is the mission and intent of this position that the Central Plant Operator will take full responsibility for inspecting, operating, maintaining & repairing all of the Major Base Building Mechanical Systems & equipment in accordance with Mandarin Oriental corporate guidelines and ensure compliance to all local, state and federal regulations.
The Central Plant Operator(s) will report directly to the Assistant Chief and/or Chief Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Major responsibilities:
- Human Resources responsibilities:
- Create a safe and comfortable environment for our guests and colleagues by operating maintaining and repairing all Major Base Building Systems in an efficient manner.
- Conduct rounds of the facilities central plants as well as all other mechanical areas.
- Daily operation and adjustment of the facilities BAS.
- Assist guests and colleagues on all Engineering related enquiries relative to Major Base Building Mechanical systems.
- Immediately report any mechanical deficiencies to the Assistant Chief or Chief Engineer for immediate action.
- Serve as a member of hotel emergency response team.
- Assist Fire Safety Director and conduct related responsibilities.
- Comply with all hotel rules and regulations.
- Constantly maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Assist when needed in other areas of hotel in the event of an emergency.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Treat all guests and colleagues with respect.
Requirement on Core Competencies
The incumbent will require the following personal attributes:
- Delighting our Clients
- Display a superior service orientation to our guests.
- Anticipate and understands the needs of our guests.
- Respond effectively to guests and internal customer needs.
- Display a professional attitude.
- Working with Colleagues
- Promoting a Climate of Enthusiasm
- Display a service orientation to our Colleague needs.
- Respond effectively to Colleague needs.
- Display a professional attitude to our Colleagues.
- Maintain high energy and drive.
- Always has a sense of urgency to guest needs.
- Being the Best
- Delivering Shareholder Value
- Promote continuous improvement within the Engineering Department.
- Continuously maintain the competitive edge of our competitive set in technology and human resources.
- Maximize profits by efficiently operating and maintaining all HVAC equipment.
- Maximize a profitable return to our owners by exercising effective cost control.
- Playing by the Rules
- Acting with Responsibility
- Set example for all to follow and not being the exception to the rules.
- Accept responsibility for compliance with rules and regulations.
- Actively participate in the improvement of the environment, just as we will be responsible members of our communities and industry organizations.
- Has the quality of knowing what has to be done.
- Is cooperative and open-minded in working with others.
- Be able to effectively turn defensive situations into supportive relationships.
- Handle situations without raising antagonism or hostility.
- A minimum of at least one current Commonwealth of Massachusetts Trade licenses for Plumbing, HVACR, Electrical, Third Class Engineer, First or Second Class Fireman's.
- Able to study and understand complex plans, diagrams & schematics.
- A minimum of 2 years accredited technical education.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a facilities/maintenance environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Building Automation Systems (DDC) I.E. Siemens Insight, Inn Comm. etc.
- Available to work various shifts including weekend, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to be mobile and withstand the physical demands of the position including but not limited to physically lifting and/or moving 50 pounds.
- Past experience in the hospitality industry.
- Holding multiple licenses noted above.
- 3 years experience in a customer service environment.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and re-organize priorities as necessary.
- Prove record of success working in a diverse environment