Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Hilton Santa Clara is seeking an experienced Catering Sales Manager to join our great team and enjoy all the benefits of our exciting hotel environment! Come be part of one of the finest Santa Clara Four Diamond hotels with 280 rooms in the heart of Silicon Valley.
The Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for soliciting and servicing the business and social community, and generating a high profile & quality perception in the catering marketplace. Must service the needs of Sales groups through close association with the Sales Department. Responsible for generating food, beverage and other revenues as directed by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Other Job Duties:
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for covers and revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources
- Solicit new and repeat banquet and meeting business
- Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions
- Determine the guest's needs, space availability, meeting details and food and beverage requirements
- Make outside sales calls to obtain business; also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel
- Complete coordination of the Catering Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services
- Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events
- Provide guest sleeping room accommodation information as needed for groups with less than 10 sleeping rooms per night
- Check function prior to guest arrival and make personal contact with client at the time of function with proper introduction of service staff who will handle the event
- Attend all required meetings
The Catering Sales Manager will be required to work mostly Monday - Friday with some nights and weekends depending on banquet and local events and hotel functions. This position will be required to preform Manager on Duty responsibilities.
- Ideal candidate must have a minimum 2 years experience as a Catering/Event Manager
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License and a clean driving record
- Must have computer experience in Microsoft Word and Excel in Windows
- Must be able to type 30+ wpm
- Prior experience with the Delphi software preferred
Bachelors or better in Hospitality Management or related field.
2 years: Experience as a Catering/Event Manager
Licenses & Certifications