Windsor Capital Group
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position:
To manage, coordinate and record (of “book”) the catering activity of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of catering and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
1. Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce Food & Beverage Sales.
2. Solicits business in specific market segments as directed by the Director of Sales and Catering.
3. Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
4. Maintains liaison with other hotel – level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the catering office and prospective clients
5. Maintains good rapport with area community and other local civic groups and companies.
6. Develops and maintains files to include: chronological account files as directed, preparation of scheduled bookings, dissemination of event information to all appropriate departments, and record event information for catering system control purposes.
7. Develops, implements, and assists with catering, sales and marketing strategies, including development of relevant action plans.
8. Assist with clerical work of the department; including customer correspondence, function sheets, event schedules, reports and special projects.
9. Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
10. Interface daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs.
11. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
•Originate and carry out catering campaigns.
•Work well under pressure sensitive to tight or short time requirements
•Speak and write clearly and convincingly, and have excellent telephone skills.
•Have working knowledge of room set-ups, including audio/visual equipment.
•Have working knowledge of menu pricing and custom menu design.
•Work well with all kinds of people.
•Plan and organize the work of others.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs. Over 4 years up to and including 10 years. To do this job, you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired: None To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.) B.A. or equivalent degree and hotel experience preferred, or an equivalent level of education and experience.