At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The ideal candidate will have 3- 5 years of Hotel Sales Experience in a hotel of similar scope.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of food, entertainment and hospitality knowledge.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail.
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels including weekends and extended 8 hour days.
- Uses all information systems (i.e. Delphi (S&C CRM), Opera (or similar PMS) and other systems) for data input, report generation and to research the deployment and value of the accounts deemed important for the hotel.
- Expert proficiency of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Searches and maintaining a database are required.
- Delphi sales and catering software experience required, PMs software experience preferred.
- Understands the overall market (i.e. competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) to sell effectively against the competition, and communicates trends, opportunities, and market changes to appropriate parties, as needed.
- Develop and execute sales plans and strategies to sell wedding, social, and corporate events.
- Effectively sells and services the guest suites, public space, food and beverage, entertainment, and function planning services of the resort to maximize revenues and profits for the resort while keeping quality consistently high
- Negotiates and contracts with account clients for catering productivity.
- Functions as the liaison between the sales/catering and operating departments of the hotel to ensure clients choose the Hotel for their event and/or meeting
- Maintains catering pace, ensures a successful meeting/event for the clients and all the client’s needs are met, and communicated accurately and efficiently to all departments of the hotel
- Effectively qualifies and maintains customer's long-term business potential.
- Sets solicitation goals with the Director of Sales & Marketing, and meets or exceeds solicitation goals and revenue goals.
- Effectively presents hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
- Monitor the content of partner and free websites (i.e. The Knot, Prefect Wedding Guide, Wedding Wire, etc.) who list us with or without our input to be sure information is accurate.
- Evaluate potential Shows in which we should be participating and attend the shows to represent the resort and develop new business leads.
- Creates menus and proposal to entice client to choose the hotel as venue of choice for catering meetings and/or events.
- Work closely with each catering client regarding groups menu planning, agenda setting, hotel meeting services, hospitality amenities and special VIP request.
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all catering clients serviced by the Catering Sales & Events Manager.
Success will be defined/measured by:
- Effectively sell products and services throughout the sales phase to maximize profitability and achieve incentive goal. The completion of 30-60-90 action plans will be required to assist with goal achievement and finding new business.
- Meeting and/or exceeding quarterly financial goals.
- The percentage of effectively converting leads to business.
Benchmark Hospitality International offers THE BEST Sales Incentive Plan in the Industry + Sales Referral Incentive Program!
Other Employment Perks:
- Company contributes to medical benefit package.
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holiday Benefits
- Employee and Friends & Family guestroom discounts