As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
The Hayes Mansion resort hotel is one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. The Dolce Hayes Mansion is an exquisite fusion of turn-of-the-century luxury and high-tech convenience. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the meticulously renovated Spanish Colonial Revival-style manor is as opulent as ever. This quiet haven, complete with sweeping mountain views, offers the perfect destination for business meetings, special events, weddings or relaxing vacation – just 15 minutes from San Jose International Airport and 45 minutes from San Francisco and Monterey. Nearby, wineries, nightlife and championship golf beckon. Stunning decor, and unparalleled guest service have made the Dolce Hayes Mansion an award-winning legend once again.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Catering Sales Manager to work at our beautiful Dolce Hayes Mansion property in San Jose, CA. This position is responsible for the proactive sales and servicing efforts for social events (excluding weddings) and small meetings for the resort.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Develop plans and actions by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creates selling strategies to maximize catering revenues.
• Participate in preparation of annual catering budget.
• Keep up to date on Industry Trends.
• Set up outside sales appointments.
• Generate leads through Internet searches, telephone solicitations, sales blitzes, mailings, referrals, networking, trade shows, professional and community organizations, etc.
• Solicit new business from existing customer base through phone contact, trade shows and professional and community organizations.
• Build and maintain customer loyalty.
• Lead and attend banquet event order meetings and operations meeting.
• Manage business to meet or exceed catering financial targets
• Maintain accurate sales records, data base and reports to provide history, ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects, through Delphi and other Larkspur programs.
• Prepare reports as requested.
• Performs other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
• Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends, nights and holidays.
• Minimum formal education of a high school degree, GED, or equivalent education.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• This position requires a minimum of three years job-related experience, preferably in hotel catering sales.