Catering Sales Manager
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
The Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center is looking for a Catering Sales Manager.
The Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center is managed by Stonebridge Companies and features 305 guest rooms, 22,000 square feet of function space and the award winning ZINK Kitchen +Bar.
Located one block from the Orchard Light Rail Station, the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center Creates A Rewarding Experience for our team members by providing the following benefits:
*Discounted RTD Ecopass
*Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
*401k retirement plan
*Company provided Life Insurance
*Opportunities for career growth
*Discounted employee meals
*Discounted hotel rooms
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting and promoting catering business for the hotel. They are to generate catering business using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards. Responsible for the communicating details to assist in the successful execution of catering events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling.
• Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
• Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
• Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
• Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans
• Administer catering operations to include, but not limited to, guest service needs, soliciting accounts, negotiating contracts, merchandising, planning, systems management and forecasting.
• Communicate event details and requirements with and provide input to team members to execute catering events effectively.
• Evaluate guest needs and industry competitive set to provide input for operational changes necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Monitor client satisfaction scores in staff helpfulness, food quality and overall event while leading by example to exceed brand benchmarks.
• Maintain regular attendance and a flexible schedule to accommodate client's needs before and after events.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Performs any other duties as requested by Director of Sales
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Provides the best possible service to clients and customers
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
• Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
• Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
• Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
• Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
• Takes responsibility for own actions.
• Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
• Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write advanced correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions. Experience with MS Word required, Sales Pro experience is highly desirable.
Moderate noise that is typical of an office environment.
JOB DESCRIPTION RECEIPT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I acknowledge and understand that:
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
• It is understood that I will be required to meet the expectations outlined above within work hours that comply with all Wage and Hour Federal and State laws and Company policy.
• The job description provides a general summary of the position, that the contents of this job description are job requirements and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without accommodation.
• I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
• Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
• Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the company.
• I have read and understand this job description.
• Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
Our company does not discr