Catering Sales Manager
Holiday Inn & Suites Alexandria - Old Town
Location: US - VA - Alexandria
Responsible for soliciting new accounts, and entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Travel to meet with or call individual corporate clients by telephone to solicit annual, weekday and weekend business.
- Meet and greet clients, conduct property tours, and promote facilities and services. Answers customer inquiries.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations for prospective clients.
- Develop client menus, write contracts and letters, as well as organize all other arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events.
- Supervise and attend the overall set-up and implementation of events and meetings. Communicate with relevant departments to ensure proper servicing of accounts.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly catering/sales reports.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have extensive knowledge of food & beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards. Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing. Basic mathematical skills to complete reports and points of sale. Ability to work under time pressure and for extensive hours. Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Must have minimum one year experience in hotel sales.
Prefer candidate with SalesPro or Delphi experience.