The Catering & Group Sales Manager will be reporting to the Director of Sales/ General Manager.
• Responsible for proactively soliciting and managing group and catering related opportunities equally with significant
revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity in banquet and rooms.
Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a
timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible for driving customer/guest loyalty by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer/guest experience. Provides service to customers in order to
grow the account on behalf of the company.
• Targets groups or corporate/government markets segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and
• Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new groups or catering business to achieve personal and each property's
• Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and
demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future room bookings. Activities
include sales calls, entertainment, FAM Reunions, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group rooms and catering
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer
and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and
services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations
Key responsibilities on Catering will be coordinating all event room needs, as well as sales support.
_ This involves direct sales calls, sales blitzes, and hotel tours. In addition, maintaining
good working relationships with existing clients while exploring ways to increase
_ To include but not limited to point of inquiry, quoting rates, contract development,
detailing of needs, arranging of food and beverage, audio visual requirements,
communication of group requirements to hotel staff, management of meetings on day
of event, posting of charges, presentation of bill and follow up.
_ Responsible for working with all clients to provide professional client services support in
the planning, organization, and management of events within the facility, monitoring
the logistics of these events and all event related tasks after events are concluded. Their
duties will include but not be limited to working with space requirements, scheduling of
events, equipment rentals, tastings, menus, invoicing, theme concept/decorating and
servicing the client as necessary.
• Handles group room bookings – to include but not limited to point of inquiry, quoting rates, contract
development, detailing of needs, communication of group requirements to hotel staff, management of
group on day of event, and follow up.
• Conduct walk in site tours & pre-con meetings
• Attends management and sales meetings.
• Assist hotel management with developing and implementing hotel specific selling strategies.
• Develop an effective communication and information system with the hotel team to disseminate details
of upcoming group, meeting events and special events in the primary marketing area.
• Hands-on professional with a passion to motivate others and a willingness to personally demonstrate a
successful method of selling beyond goals and expectations. Mentor and develop Sales Team Members in
Catering/Event Sales, while effectively implementing and monitoring sales action plans and accountability
to perform to goals in a positive work environment
• Solicit new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded within all market segments, as
well as Catering/Banquet sales. Identify business opportunities, and proactively research, analyze, and
tele-market prospective clients
32000 - 45000 USD
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes