Catering Sales Manager
Location: US - MD - Linthicum Heights
If you are looking for an exciting career with unlimited opportunities to thrive within LTD Hospitality Group’s growing portfolio of properties, we have an immediate opening for you to join our team as a Catering Sales Manager for the Sheraton and Westin BWI Hotels located in Linthicum, Maryland.
The Catering Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead the group and catering sales effort to achieve budgeted group revenues and profit percentages while achieving/exceeding brand benchmarks for meeting planner satisfaction scores.
Evaluate opportunities for group/banquet functions and determine the most profitable pricing and products while delivering superior customer service and value. Provide efficient booking process and effective cross-selling opportunities for the customer to capture referral business at an LTD Hotel.
- Properly qualify all incoming leads for groups, events and meetings to book all aspects of the event in one phone call.
- Prospect and solicit group business opportunities to meet/exceed monthly booking goals and activity goals (personal and team).
- Have complete understanding and knowledge of the hotel, its unique features and benefits.
- Provide customers with friendly and efficient service.
- Develop and execute selling skills to maximize revenue and profit associated with rooms and functions space inventory.
- Book group blocks for Corporate and Social Catering driven events. Coordinate group blocks with DOS for approval.
- Follow Hotel(s) free selling policy for Catering.
- Strive to accommodate customer requests while maximizing hotel revenue.
- Maintain and service accounts from beginning to end. Ensure timely follow-up is provided.
- Understand all aspects of sales automation system. (Delphi, TLGO, etc…)
- Have current pricing and inventory of rooms and function space hotels.
- Be aware of upcoming events and conventions in the area and adjust sell strategy if market conditions warrant it.
- Conduct hotel site inspections with prospective clients.
- Maintain proper collateral and sales kits for customers.
- Conduct a competitive menu survey twice a year to ensure pricing on food, beverage, room rental and audio/ visual is positioned correctly against the competitor hotels and catering venues.
- Utilize trace systems in the Delphi system to ensure client is serviced from start to finish.
- View daily inventory screens and availability to properly qualify opportunities that meet overall revenue strategy.
- Keep electronic filing system of customers/events with running call reports, tracking all charges and conversations.
- Ensure contracts and BEO’s are sent to customers within a 24-hour period of contact to maximize understanding of details of functions.
- Communicate all details of groups and meeting functions in weekly staff/BEO meetings if complex events are taking place.
- Coordinate direct bill request and give them to the General Manager for approval and processing.
- Maintain LTD “Connection” program (when implemented) for local clients for loyalty.
- Assist in planning and conduction sales blitzes to build awareness.
- Make individual and transient reservations associated with Catering Events for clients when needed (i.e. Speakers, VIPS, etc.)
- Follow hotel yield strategy to achieve revenue goals.
- Understand rate positioning, need times and special events.
- Follow daily checklist to ensure structure and organization.
- Pursue all National Brand Sales leads and utilize lead referral program when necessary.
- Maintain good rapport with LTD Hotels to generate more business for each other and the company as a whole.
- Respond to all RFP’s and RFQ’s no later than 8 business hours after receipt or according to the lead channel standard.
- Maximize revenue by up-selling and selling creative food and beverage options and functions room décor.
- Ensure quality and profitability for all booked functions.
- Working knowledge of food and beverage menu compositions along with a clear understanding of kitchen and banquet procedures and standards required. Work with Executive Chef and/or Food and Beverage Director on menu cost and analysis.
- Comprehension and achievement of individual room night and catering goals required.
- Effectively manage and delegate duties to Sales Coordinator and other hotel department service personnel.
- Effectively manage sales coordinator to delegate duties and projects with communicating event details with other hotel department team members to enhance service experiences.
- Must actively service in-house clients and groups and direct staff to do the same.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales/Catering and GM.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Other and all duties, projects, and tasks as assigned by employee’s manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
- Three to five (3 to 5) years of hotel sales leadership experience.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Experience leading a sales team.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, comp set rates, positioning, discounts, promotions and packages is required.
- Solid budget management skills that includes forecasting on a regular basis.
LTD Hospitality Group has taken pride in superior hotel development and management for more than 30 years and is a recognized leader managing top-performing brands under Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt and InterContinental Hotel Group flags.
LTD’s core values focus on people, relationships and opportunities. The LTD culture was established by the founding partners and to this day continues to guide the successful performance and profitability of our hotels, while maintaining the highest standards of quality, service and cleanliness.
The greatest key to our success is our people. Our diverse team of associates is responsible for creating a distinctive experience that keeps our customers coming back. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and are committed to investing in them. We provide comprehensive training, as well as career advancement opportunities for all of our associates. We also offer competitive benefits to ensure that a career at LTD is satisfying and rewarding in all aspects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401 (k) with company match
- Voluntary Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Hotel Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development Opportunities and Much More!
For more information about joining the LTD family, please visit www.ltdhospitality.com . We look forward to hearing from you!