Catering Sales Manager
Location: US - NC - Durham
Durham, NC, US
As our Catering Sales Manager, you will assist in the overall operation of the Sales and Catering Department. You will be responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned convention or meeting group.
What you will be doing
- Perform administrative duties relevant to account responsibilities in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Document and organize detailed requirements of each function.
- Coordinate activities of various departments to service accounts.
- Communicate with Sales, Front Office, Catering and Reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs.
- Assign banquet/meeting room set up based on needs of clients.
- Review work details of banquet personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor in-house group activity providing assistance as needed.
- Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure functions go according to plan as outlined on the BEO.
- Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Conduct walking site inspections throughout property.
- Assist sales staff in promoting hotel, developing leads and securing re-bookings.
- Plan and conduct pre and post-convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
- Document tracking of group activity. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
- Must be able to support and develop weekly and monthly revenue forecasts based on programmed and anticipated programmed events
- Bachelor degree from accredited college/university, or 2+ years of related experience. Prior Catering Sales and/or Hotel experience is preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Functional knowledge of Delphi system preferred.
- Must be able to effectively work with a variety of internal and external customers and staff.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to ensure event coverage.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and carry out complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and leaders to complete property/corporate initiatives and effective day to day operations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.