Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG – InterContinental Kansas City Plaza is seeking energetic, service-oriented individual for the Catering Manager position.. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.What you will be doing
- Qualify customer needs, build strong rapport, effectively close the business.
- Use of prospecting skills to source new business.
- Consistently educates hotel staff on anticipating and exceeding specific client needs.
- Conducts telephone and outside solicitation calls.
- Consistently achieves assigned sales booking goals.
- Experience in hotel catering sales preferred.
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills as well as exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Strong background in selling rooms, F&B, Catering, Meeting Rooms, and A/V.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
- Enjoy asking for business and closing sales.
- Consistently make cold calls.
- Aggressively pursue new accounts on a weekly basis.
- Maximize yield.
- Consistently book repeat business.
- Track record developing long term business relationships.
- Maintain consistent verbal and written communication with clients.
- Work effectively with Rooms, Recreation, Catering, Conference/Convention Services, and Banquet Departments.
- Excellent phone sales skills.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 year(s) of experience.
- This position reports to: Director of Catering
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and week-ends.
EOE, M/F, D/VBenefits
Competetive insurance benefits, 401k, free parking