Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six
Catering Sales Manager
You're a careful listener who "gets" the client's event needs at first telling. And for those unsure of their needs, your experience enables skillful guidance known to eclipse expectations. Your reputation and networking efforts make you the "go-to" for event planning. Then, a Catering Sales Manager position with Interstate might just be the go-to opportunity that takes your career to the next level.
BASIC PURPOSE: Solicit, book, plan and coordinate meetings/functions while maximizing the banquet space to meet/exceed sales goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for finalizing group business. Recommends program and procedural changes.
1. Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc...) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
2. Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
3. Plan, up-sell and detail the meeting/function with the client including: space requirements, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc... Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel, resolve customer issues, complaints and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
4. Prepare status and period end reports to keep management abreast of activities.
5. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate/hotel procedures and products and the competition's product, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve sales strategies and the achievement of goals.
1. Participate in communication and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Four year college degree preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years experience required in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities:
Hours Required: 47.5 Hours weekly as Overtime Eligible Manager; times may vary based on need.
A four-year college degree is not required; however, more than two years post high school education with one to two years employment in a related position is required. Thorough knowledge of catering, food and beverage, and the hospitality industry is expected. You must possess effective verbal and written English communication skills. This position also requires an ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.