Catering Sales Manager
Wyndham Garden Hotel Philadelphia Airport
Location: US - PA - Philadelphia
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
Purpose for the Position: To increase Hotel revenues by soliciting catering business and ensuring the Hotel meets or exceeds all obligations as contracted.
- Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Makes solicitation calls on a selective basis to all potential clients.
- Follows up on all leads through phone calls, correspondence or personal visits.
- Develops and creates innovative sales and marketing techniques.
- Plans, supervises and coordinates all catered functions to ensure performance of hotel obligations.
- Maintains current filing system account and prepares required reports.
- Contacts clients, group leaders, and meeting planners to promote good will and foster additional business.
- Follows up on all catering functions solicited through attendance at the specific event.
- Maintains good rapport with local civic groups and associations.
- Prepares reports as requested: Sales Call Reports, Internal Sales Reports, etc.
- Prepares monthly forecast for banquet food and beverage revenue.
- Works very closely with sales department to promote follow up on all sales bookings to minimize tentative holds on public space.
- Attends weekly sales meetings.
- Acts as Administrator on Duty as scheduled.
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Completes projects as determined by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Understand principles relating to the product you are selling.
- Organize your own activities to make the best use of your time and effort.
- Express yourself well when talking to potential buyers or sellers, to discuss features of the products or services involved and convince the other person of both your knowledge and integrity.
- Use arithmetic in computing the cost of sale to customers.
- Maintain enthusiasm and interest throughout all conferences with buyers and sellers.
- Keep accurate records of contacts, sales and purchases.
- Be available on nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, talking, hearing, seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss, commission, markups and selling price, and percentages.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals and manuals. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates. Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Persuading: Influencing others in favor of a product, service or point of view.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs; over 1 year up to and including 2 years.