Marriott Suites Anaheim, CA
Location: US - CA - Garden Grove
As the local, on property sales/catering contact for customers, the Sales Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and handling group/catering-related opportunities. Handles group/catering opportunities not handled by the EventBookingCenter. Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in timely fashion for proper service delivery.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g. EventBookingCenter, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary, and not duplicative.
- Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the hotel that are outside parameters of the EventBookingCenter. Handles all opportunities if hotel does not participate in an EBC.
- Proactively identifies, qualifies, and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Understands competitors' strengths and weaknesses, and knows how to sell against them.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Effectively develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Conducts site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management.
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills.
- Possesses strong overall sales skills.
- Possesses knowledge/appreciation of MHRS/RHRS/CFRST, brand culture, philosophies and initiatives.
- Understands contract management and legalities.
- Possesses operational knowledge and/or appreciation of operations challenges for all brands.
- Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
- Has solid knowledge of food and beverage compositions.
- Is knowledgeable of food trends, food and beverage composition, and menu planning. Exercises creativity in designing catering sales solutions (SM - Catering Focused).
- Understands food and beverage forecasting and attrition (SM - Catering Focused).
- Understands need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management.
- Understands and achieves team and individual goals.
- Possesses software knowledge (Microsoft Office, etc).
- Possesses systems knowledge (SFA, PMS, MARSHA, NGS, SAM, Delphi).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred