Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA M5V 2V4
Two Roads Hospitality is seeking a Catering Manager to join our team at Thompson Toronto Hotel. The Catering Manager is responsible for ensuring every guest receives personalized experiences that exceed their expectations!
Are you a diligent, creative and detail-oriented professional that takes pride in delivering memorable and transformative experiences for others? Do enjoy leading others and celebrating team successes over individual? Then keep reading!
Take a look at what we've created so far:
We are an international hotel management company with a leading portfolio of transformative, boldly innovative boutique hotel and resort brands. We create the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip, or even your life.
- Thompson Hotels--urban and sophisticated beachfront properties that appeal to the modern nomad.
- Joie de Vivre--our hip collection of hotels that focus on the quirky and the local.
- Tommie--a design-centric, value-conscious line of hotels in gateway cities internationally.
- Alila - is the combination of design luxury in unique international locations offering an unprecedented level of private space, personalized hospitality and destination experiences.
- Destination Hotels ---delivers local authenticity of experience versus a sea of sameness.
At Two Roads Hospitality, we are passionate about our culture and proud to hire high performing individuals that are aligned with our purpose -- Creating Transformative Experiences that Inspire the Human Spirit.
To succeed in this role you are an individual who:
- Sells, Manages, coordinates, and executes catering-only and group assignments turned over by the Sales Department. Fully service catering and conference group meetings during the planning process and while on property. Monitor all contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, food and beverage and special concessions. Effectively communicate to all hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the group’s needs while maintaining good client relationships.
- Is detailed and able to multi-task effectively in order to accomplish various tasks throughout the day while keeping the guest experience in mind at all times.
- Demonstrates genuine passion for creating memorable experiences for others and truly connecting with guests and fellow team members.
- Is a proven leader able to inspire others to be consistently engaged in serving our clients
What you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Director of Catering and Events and collaborating with Sales, Restaurant and Bar teams to deliver impeccable product and service in a modern way that ensures outstanding guest experiences.
- Implementing successful sales activities to secure new business from specified market segments as assigned by the Director of Catering including corporate, social, and event planners.
- Maintaining existing business clientele relationships, ensuring maximum profitability for the hotel and quality service for guests.
- Handle inquiries and negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, food and beverage and other hotel services within approved parameters.
- Accurately generate all contracted agreements, proposals, group follow up and other letters of correspondence to deliver a seamless experience as well as build client relationships and loyalty.
- Developing and implementing, along with the Director of Catering and Events, effective departmental process and procedures ensuring all hotel departments are communicated essential event & program details that are timely and comprehensive.
- Participate in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming groups and potential affiliate business.
- Participate in Pre/Post‑Conferences meetings and review bill with client.
- Attend sales meetings and any other meetings as required.
- Produce and distribute convention resume two weeks prior to first day of main group arrival and communicate any changes and updated information to hotel departments.
- Distribute BEO's for group and affiliates 10‑14 days prior to events.
- Assist Directors of Sales in preparing and submitting production reports, activity reports, action plans, and other reports as necessary in a timely manner.
- Participate in trade shows and blitzes as required.
- Assist in the preparation of in-house sales promotions, receptions and client functions.
- Attend client/association/company events as required.
- Initiates mailings to obtain better market saturation.
- Develop professional selling skills through participation in prescribed training programs and mentorship.
- Maintaining and achieving personal catering revenue goals.
- Establishing and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Proven experience in meeting target goals with a positive, supportive leadership style in a winning environment.
- Understanding and experience in luxury and/or lifestyle hospitality.
- Professional knowledge of food and wine.
- Extensive knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up.
- Knowledge of developing and executing sales objectives and strategies.
- Experience working with culinary team and assisting chef with developing menus and pricing.
- Proven track record of driving revenues through group and leisure sales with the ability to recruit, motivate, train and retain team members.
- Strong customer service orientation and team player, with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the Thompson Toronto market, travel industry, current market trends and economic factors a plus.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Catering/Conference service role in a hotel sales catering team.
- Strong computer literacy including Fidelio Opera, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven abilities in decision making and problem solving.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary.