Bar Harbor Resorts
Location: US - NH - Portsmouth
This is a full time, year round position, working in catering sales for two (2) seasonal resorts in Bar Harbor, Maine. In season (approximately end of May-end of September, the position will be in Bar Harbor. Employee housing is available in Bar Harbor. In the off season, (approximately October through mid-May) the position will be based in a regional sales office in Portsmouth, NH. There may be some flexibility with the off-season location.
The Catering Manager is responsible for qualifying, booking and detailing social events to include weddings, social parties, and some corporate events. The Catering Manager will be responsible for actively strategizing and closing on each business opportunity to maximize revenue.
The Catering Manager also acts as the liaison between the hotel operations team and group contacts to ensure a smooth and successful event for the client. You will be responsible for maintaining overnight room blocks, catering, audio visual, and setup requirements. The ideal candidate will have a professional demeanor, superb organization skills, experience in customer service, and hotel sales and catering.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Respond & qualify all phone inquiries, electronic leads, and walk-ins in a timely manner
- Solicit, contract and detail all social events to include weddings, social parties, corporate dinners. This includes contracting events, collecting payment, creating BEOs, and managing all details beginning to end. Ask appropriate questions and make suggestions to ensure all needs are met.
- Processes all business correspondence within acceptable time limits. Creates contracts and other related booking documentation as required. Manages and maintains account files.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers & vendors
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Maintain hotel’s social media sites regarding weddings and assist Director of Catering with online wedding listings.
- Solicit previous groups as well as new target accounts as set forth by Director of Catering
- Assist in planning the special events & participate in regional wedding shows
- Assist Director of Catering as needed
- 1-3 years’ experience in catering sales in a high volume setting. Experience detailing weddings is beneficial.
- Hotel front desk experience beneficial
- Delphi experience beneficial
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Professional demeanor
- Be adaptive to a flexible schedule
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office