The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To creatively upsell all hotel customers and to ensure that value paid is value received, not only in product, but in service and in ambiance.Responsibilities
- Support the Catering Sales team by servicing catering functions once contracted.
- Maximize Catering revenues wherever possible and up-sell to increase check averages.
- Communication with clients to confirm all meeting logistics and catering menu details.
- Create diagrams, Banquet Event Orders, and other necessary documentation to ensure the operations team has all the necessary information to deliver a flawless event.
- Occasionally work with culinary team to customize menus while remaining profitable.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure a seamless event experience for clients and their guests.
- Coordinate Catering support services (flowers, entertainment, decoration, A/V, etc.) while always striving to surprise and delight our clients.
- Physically double-check all function arrangements against specifications of client. Correct where necessary.
- Continually manage event estimates and update as required.
- Review final billing for all events and submit in a timely manner.
- Follow-up with all past clients for honest feedback and build loyal relationships whenever possible.
- Position requires a minimum of one year progressive events experience. Large venue experience strongly preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff.
- Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with guests and be able to direct/escort them to the various facilities and functions within the Hotel.
- Must be conversant with culinary techniques and food creativity. Knowledgeable in banquet set-ups and creativity in room decorations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
- Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
- Developed computer proficiencies with ability to accurately input information into computer systems. Delphi experience required.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- The ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time. The ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull/carry up to 50lbs.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.