Responsible for attaining and executing hotel functions.
1. Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits.
2. Responsible for making sales call quotas.
3. Carefully review all contracted services to assure proper contribution to profits.
4. Maintain close client relationships.
5. Ensure that all catered functions are followed up prior to the function as specified by hotel standards.
6. Obtain guarantee numbers, floor plans, entertainment, A/V, flowers, etc from client.
7. Assist Director of Catering when needed.
8. Work effectively with the Banquet Department.
9. Provide set-ups, menus and functions for groups.
10. Qualify leads and prospects.
11. Develop potential accounts as well as update and maintain all forms of account files.
12. Establish and maintain close contact with top accounts and target accounts through phone calls, tours, appointments, and correspondence.
13. Maintain accurate sales files and trace system of top and target accounts.
14. Work effectively with rooms, catering, conference/convention services and banquet departments.
15. Knowledge of all hotel facilities and nearby attractions.
16. Meet and exceed sales goals.
17. Submit weekly and monthly sales reports.
18. Maintain all file with current trace dates, accurate histories and all relevant information regarding booking activity.
19. Participate in weekly marketing and sales meetings.
20. Adhere to all work rules, procedures and polices established by the hotel, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
Education and Experience:
- Previous catering experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent listening skills
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Wyndham Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes