Catering & Sales Manager
The role of the Catering & Sales Manager is to solicit and respond to companies and organizations to purchase food & beverage, rent meeting space and ancillary services from the hotel. The Catering Sales Coordinator represents the hotel with customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business, manages customer relationship by responding to inquiries, meeting with and entertaining clients, conducting property tours, promoting facilities and services and drafting contracts. This position will also provide direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering staff.
Hospitality and or Food and Beverage experience is a plus. The ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Perform quality assurance (QA) requirements for department.
- Responsible for menu planning and preparation.
- Monitors and verifies food costs fluctuation.
- Ensures quality and appearance of common areas.
- Interaction/socialization with guests.
- May be required to run Micros (register) collecting money and balancing.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Take initiative to offer assistance or answer questions throughout the hotel.
- Proper administration of key control.
- Complete maintenance work orders and deliver to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly understand and implement the Brand service culture.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings according to InterMountain Management Standards