Catering & Conference Services Coordinator
As a Catering & Conference Services Coordinator,you will fill a vital role in supporting your hotel's financial catering services, meeting room rental and banquet facilities through manually enter all group-related rooming lists from housing bureaus and Conference Services and perform updates as needed. Arrange all billing requests as instructed from group contracts and resumes. Attend pre-conference meetings with group contacts and weekly resume meetings with hotel staff. Develop rapport with group contacts and Sales/ Conference Services Managers by responding to reservation requests in a timely manner with a dedication to customer service excellence. Demonstrate a solid understanding of our customers, our products, our competitors and our industry.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 2 or more years' experience in Hotel Sales and have knowledge of the local area. * Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.*
- Forecasts and accurately records for all bookings and cancelations at each hotel.
- Ensures that predetermined sales expectations are met or exceeded at each hotel.
- Establishes client base for specific markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, transient and corporate businesses through direct outside(majority) and inside sales, in order to secure business for the hotels.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards document to client and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions