Category Leader, Strategic Sourcing
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
Position DescriptionThe Category Leader Strategic Sourcing is responsible for multi-category leadership sourcing activities for portfolio of owned, managed and franchised hotels, as well as administrative offices. Negotiating and coordinating sourcing and related activities in partnership with key stakeholders. Maintaining a constant information flow with the industry and key stakeholders in order to remain up to date with the sector’s activity (attend trade fairs and conferences). Providing efficient, prompt, courteous, and proactive service and support to Hotels, suppliers and stakeholders. Performing all tasks according to guidelines, the 5 Year Strategic business plan and approved budgets. Ensuring all activities are performed in ways that are consistent with the Responsible Business principles of operation and according to the code of conduct.
- Lead the end-to-end Supply Chain process of sourcing, identification of relevant suppliers, RFI/RFP process, contracting, rollout, reporting and communication of benefit to stakeholders
- Clearly articulate value creation of category in both written reporting and verbal communication. Ensure support and buy-in of key stakeholders
- Manage daily relationships with key supplier partners
- Interface with eProcurement team: creation & deletions of suppliers, contracts, core lists, catalogs, updates
- Work together with Functional and Operations stakeholders to ensure spend is leveraged, by consolidation of the supplier base, product range and savings capture
- Ensure implement of negotiated contracts by supervising and monitoring transition and compliance by hotels to preferred suppliers in partnership with regional and operations teams. Consolidate national/global quarterly reports on compliance to preferred suppliers
- Secure maximum usage of eProcurement platform via appropriate supplier user training and supplier adoption
- Maintain contact and work closely with other members of the global sourcing team
- Keep up to date spend analysis on each category
- Establish feedback loop with stakeholders to monitor satisfaction with vendor service delivery and quality
- Terminating, extending or renegotiating contracts and advising stakeholders accordingly.
- Lead smooth transition of stakeholders if changing vendors within category
- Negotiating agreements and ensuring purchases and delivery of all supplies and equipment are in line with the corporate purchase policy and Requirements.
- Communicates any identified supply implications or product availability issues to the appropriate customer and/or members of the supply chain.
- Demonstrates an ability to create and implement new ideas that align with the needs of the business partners
- Drafts category strategies.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the hospitality supply area, including key initiatives, supply strategies, innovations and cost drivers
- Suggest and apply Procurement Strategy across all supply commodities
- Communicates the Procurement strategy to key stakeholders and ensuring their ‘Buy-in’ prior delivery
- Communicates regularly with Key stakeholders including Hotels and suppliers
- Provide regular feedback and reporting to manager regarding category performance
- Support the Business with regular communication as required throughout the trading year whether it be Budgetary guidance, deal implementation, or any other necessary information that may be required
Laws, Regulations and Policies
- Follows all applicable laws, corporate standards and guidelines
- Perform all duties in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies in order to achieve the objectives of the position
- Attends meetings and training required by the line manager
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
- Accepts the flexible work schedule necessary for the role
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
- Shares best practices within the team
- Attends and participates in all necessary training
- Abide by both The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group and brand specific policies and procedures
- Please note these duties are not exhaustive and may be modified and amended in line with responsibilities of this role at any time.
- Bachelor Degree is required: Business Management / Supply Chain Management / Finance / Hotel Management preferred
- MBA/Post graduate is desirable
- Professional Supply Chain Management certification desired but if not, expectation to obtain with company support
3+ years of direct and relevant operations and procurement experience with a track record of strong performance.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Strong negotiation, analytical, contract management, relationship management, and project management skills, and knowledge of business and contract law.
Ability to engage and lead teams, expert facilitation skills, ability to multi task and work under pressure. Excellent coaching, mentoring & training skills, ability to lead strategic process discussions, passion for change
Skills: In addition to technical competencies, following skills are important: Previous experience required, Skills in forecasting, budgeting and analysis of variances, Communication skills
Interpersonal skills, Analytical and attention to details, Innovative thinking, Good follow up skills. Strong negotiating skills, Strong organizational skills