Cashier - Host / Hostess
As a Host/Hostess at Lela restaurant, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food and Beverage offerings will make guests at Lela feel unique and valued.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Candidates for this position must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- The Ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role in a free standing/independent restaurant
- 1-2 years of experience in upscale dining establishments or high-end corporate style restaurants
- The candidate must be able to:
- explain and speak to all details of the restaurant and communicate with guests in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional and timely manner
- focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- take, manage and monitor guest reservations and follow confirmation standards
- greet, escort and seat guests as necessary
- work on their own initiative and follow all checklists and submit necessary maintenance and housekeeping request forms
- The candidate must have:
- strong understanding of all menu items and be able to intelligently describe all dishes to guests
- knowledge of the OT system and ability to execute the system while maintaining the door
- knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware
- The candidate must:
- have an excellent service attitude
- be highly responsible and reliable
- The candidate must have a strong desire to learn and understand new food and beverage systems, techniques and procedures
- The candidate must have the ability to:
- work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- multi-task and manage several items at one time
- work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- utilize excellent organization skills to work efficiently and effectively
- adapt and handle change in a professional manner
- The candidate must be able to assist with table setting and general dining room maintenance during peak periods
- The candidate must have excellent grooming and presentation standards
- The candidate must:
- be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The candidate must show strong scheduling flexibility
- The candidate must be able to be on the feet for extended long periods of time
- The candidate must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: AVERAGE % OF TIME
85% Control the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists and following and enforcing check issue procedures.
10% Assign opening and/or closing side duties. Supervise side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff.
5% Handle reservation book, take incoming telephone calls, note reservations and special requests by guests.