Allegro Senior Living LLC
Location: US - GA - Marietta
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
What does it mean to be part of a Family? What every family has in common is the people within it are valuable beyond measure, and vitally important in many ways. We are proud to introduce Alto to the Allegro family with this distinctive Assisted Living & Memory Care community in Marietta
The primary responsibility of the Care Staff is to provide resident care services, as scheduled, under the supervision of the Resident Services Director (RSD) in Assisted Living and Ensemble areas, maintaining a positive physical and social environment. The areas of responsibility listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to successfully execute this position.
Areas of Responsibility
- Approach all encounters with residents and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed linens, positioning, transfer, mobility, medicinal reminders, and incontinence care.
- Keep proper records of care including a resident service plan and documenting services provided.
- Immediately report any changes in the residentâ€™s condition to the RSD or ARSD.
- Establish good working relationship with residents through ongoing use of Company Policies.
- Meet customer service standards in a friendly, helpful, courteous manner with resident satisfaction a priority.
- Provide warm welcome to all visitors.
- Collect laundry, and distribute linens and personal laundry. Make beds and straighten up apartments in accordance with Community procedures.
- Assist in properly maintaining and safeguarding all equipment in the Assisted Living area and ensure that work areas are clean and safe.
- Be familiar with resident service plan and document all services provided.
- Report all observations to the RSD and Assistant Resident Services Director (ARSD).
- Work closely and maintain daily communications with the Resident Services associates so that a continuity of care and services is maintained for the residents.
- Assist residents with their supportive devices.
- Encourage and remind residents to attend daily activities.
- Oversee scheduled individual and group activities on a daily basis. Initiate individual and small group spontaneous activities as situations dictate and permit.
- Understand and follow health, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Answer telephone appropriately following the Community policy.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance as scheduled to assure no shift is short of Care Staff.
- Stay alert and awake at all times while working scheduled shift.
- Be an active participant in the resolution of conflicts which may arise with others. Remain open to differences and be willing to compromise. Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the RSD.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Be constantly watchful for signs that residents are not able to function at their usual level or a change in behavior. Report all signs to the RSD following the Company policies and procedures.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the RSD as discovered and take appropriate action as necessary.
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with all regulations regarding residentsâ€™ rights.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, associate, Community or Company information deemed as such.
- Other duties as assigned.
In Communities with an Ensemble Program, Additional Areas of Responsibility:
RESIDENT SERVICES: Assist persons diagnosed with irreversible dementia (Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia, etc.).
- Be familiar with each residentâ€™s history and profile to include: cognitive diagnosis, physical health condition, social support system (family & friends), prior living arrangements, preferred daily routine, emotional triggers (fears, anxieties, etc.), recreational, and spiritual preferences and habits.
- Respect each resident as a unique individual. Be familiar with resident service plan including changes and updates. Assist resident following specifications of resident service plan.
- Communicate with residents in a friendly, calm manner at all times to assure resident emotional well-being. Interact with residents in an adult-like manner. Be familiar with various verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
- Facilitate resident independence. Encourage and motivate residents to perform tasks and activities independently in order to promote resident self-esteem. Provide opportunities for resident choice, as appropriate.
- Maintain resident dignity. Ask permission to assist resident.
- Protect resident privacy when assisting with activities of daily living (ADLs). Knock on doors before entering; assure privacy during baths or in bathroom, dressing/undressing, etc. Ask for resident preference regarding privacy.
- Assist resident with bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, eating, walking, etc. per service plan and in accordance with Philosophy of Care. Assure residents are clean, neat and appropriately dressed.
- Provide verbal reminders, reassurance, assistance, and escort for residents to participate in neighborhood daily scheduled resident specific programming to include activities and dining services.
- Assist Program Director (PD) with activities. Oversee scheduled individual and group activities on a daily basis. Initiate individual and small group spontaneous activities as situations dictate and permit.
- Assist with meals and snacks. Prepare dining area for meals with table set-up, assist residents with serving and clean-up.
- Tidy-up resident apartment each day. Make bed, empty trash, and check apartment for dirty or soiled clothing and remove for laundering.
SAFETY: Promote a safe environment for residents, associates, and visitors.
- Be knowledgeable of the neighborhood security system and maintain the integrity of it. Promote safe practices whenever anyone enters or leaves the protected neighborhood or outdoor courtyard.
- Maintain safety of residents by removing items from their path in their apartments, encouraging them to use ambul atory equipment as needed, and use care when assisting with ADLs, especially when in bathroom.
- Keep common areas free from clutter. Sweep, vacuum, and tidy-up areas as needed.
- Maintain security of cabinets, drawers and doors to areas where cleaning supplies/materials, chemicals, etc. are stored.
- Make certain that cleaning supplies/materials are never left open or unattended.
- Assist with emergency and evacuation procedures, including fire drills.
- Monitor resident use of outdoor courtyard duri