The Fairmont Southampton
Location: Bermuda - Southampton
Serving the hotel colleagues of the hotel. Offering professional, and friendly service to each and every person that we serve in the Chatter Box Café.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Ensuring all food items are prepared on time in accordance with quality and quantity standards
- Maintaining the cleanliness and maintenance of all assigned work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Assisting with cost control by minimizing spoilage, waste, and ensuring proper storage of food etc.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues
- Maintaining close communication with colleagues to maximize consistent quality
- Consistently improving knowledge and skills by assisting senior chefs as directed and embracing opportunities to learn
- Following kitchen policies, procedures and service standards including all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Culinary Certificate or Diploma an asset
- 2 years previous experience an asset
- Able to accurately follow instructions
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, team and communication skills
- Professional conduct at all times is essential
- Work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment
- Effectively multi-task and to be organized with proven time management skills
- Must be reliable, flexible, calm, courteous, friendly and approachable
- Proficient with MS Office applications an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
Able to lift up to 30 lbs
Able to use elevators and stairs
Able to tolerate various temperatures
Visa Requirements: This position is only open to Bermudians, Spouses of Bermudians and PRC Holders.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!