A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Regular Full Time and Part Time Position.
Must be able to work Wed-Sun for PM Shifts.
Position Summary: Assists food servers with setting-up and clearing of tables and providing food and water to guests/members. Maintains cleanliness of restaurant, and re-sets tables in the designated dining areas.
Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Handles set-up and re-set of dining room areas as directed and including all dishes, glassware, silverware, and linens.
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized area for guests/members.
- Provides flow of soiled dishes to the kitchen and a clean supply to the dining room.
- Clears dishware and flatware as necessary throughout the dinner service.
- Completes pre, running, and post shift side-work requirements including stocking areas with supplies (i.e. rollups, condiments, etc.) as directed.
- Provides expeditious service to each guest/member. Ensures water glasses are full throughout the meal.
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
- May read tickets and deliver food to assigned table or section according to Company service standards.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 1 year of prior food service and hospitality experience highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks, simultaneously.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must know and follow all applicable health standards.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
- Shift times are subject to change at any time, based on Department's needs. Applicants must be able to provide flexible availability, and can be scheduled for various shift times as needed by the Department Manager.
Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.