Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewAs an integral member of the Food & Beverage team, an In-Room Dining busser/utility is the support to the Servers and Order takers to ensure all areas are maintained clean and organized. Assist in the delivery of resort amenities and cleanliness of guest room corridors.Essential Functions
- Maintains a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction
- Ensures supplies are properly stocked
- Clear, clean and set-up tables, linens, glassware and silverware
- Assist with guest requests
- IRD Utility job functions and descriptions
- Guarantees the cleanliness and safety of the IRD equipment
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Assists with the delivery of daily resort amenities to the guest rooms
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, our guests can be early risers or night owls and you must be too!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and assisting them with cash transactions.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.