Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
The Busser/ Food Runner role is dedicated to providing quality service that exceeds Guest and Member expectations work to create guests for life, by proactively embracing service standards, adhering to safety regulations and gaining the knowledge to assist guests with any and all needs.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to the Restaurant Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Demonstration and ownership in any and all tasks needed to carry out Service Standards, constantly embracing ways to create guests for life.
* Creative and Innovative nature that allows employee partners to successfully multi-task while serving multiple guest needs in an organized and efficient manner.
* Awareness to all safety precautions and procedures to ensure a safe atmosphere for guests and employee partners.
* Ensuring that products are fresh and of quality.
* Deliver bread and water to all guests.
* Clear all tables of dirty dishes, silverware, glassware and dirty linen.
* Polish all glasses and silverware to be used in the dining room.
* Reset tables for new guests.
* Responsible for transporting all necessary food items from the kitchen to the dining room as soon as possible while following all standards of service.
* Provides customer service to external guests and internal guests, as well as greeting guests who pass by your area.
* Cleans and maintains a hygienic and organized work area.
* Ensuring that all closing duties are completed, e.g. locking area, turning off equipment and lights, etc.
* Maintenance/Cleanliness of Sever area machinery.
* Performs other tasks as needed or as directed.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Past experience preferred but not necessary.
* Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
* Must have the ability to stand/walk throughout the duration of the shift for up to 8 hours.
* Excellent communication & guest service skills.
* Must have a strong attention to detail.
* Available to work a flexible shift, including weekends and holidays.
* Food Handler Certification required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.