Business Travel Sales Manager - Full Time
Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova
Location: US - CA - Rancho Cordova
The Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The Sacramento Marriott is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Will be required to work mostly day shifts Monday – Friday with some nights and weekends depending on local and hotel functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SALES AND MARKETING
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions. Determine the guest’s needs, space availability, and meeting details.
- Make outside sales calls and telemarket to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations. Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Negotiate transient rates with clients on an annual and on-going basis.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Follows up on the progress of clients booked, such as room night pick up, with the Group Housing Coordinator to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Participates in the marketing plans, promotions and services.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed. Also prepares weekly expense reports.
- Understand and adhere to budgeted wage and hour limitations for associates.
- Attends department meetings and as needed, attends interdepartmental meetings.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Route associate commendations received from guests to the person responsible for assembling the daily packet.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and completes other duties as directed or assigned.
- Participate in Hotel Manager on Duty Program.
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
- Have a thorough knowledge of hotel fire regulations and policy, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each; ensure that all associates are properly trained in these procedures.
- Assist the department manager with implementing the proper training program.
- Assist with new hire training.
- Be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff.
- Work shifts are covered with adequate staff, ensure correct staffing during peak periods and high occupancy.
- Communicate daily with department managers and MOD to assure consistency and pass on pertinent information.
- Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and assist the department manager in providing feedback.
- Supervise the staff and handle associate situations.
- Ensure staff is properly groomed and uniformed at all times.
- Ensure work area cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel.
- Assist department manager in maintaining close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly schedules in accordance to guest needs and staff availability.
- Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for the department. Ensure Service Excellence Standards are in place.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs.
- Prepare and submit accident or injury reports when needed.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Hotel policy and applicable laws.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments.
SECONDARY JOB DUTIES
- Assist in the design of materials for promotions and public relations.
- Assist in the preparation of the marketing plan and budget.
- As needed, check banquet functions prior to guest arrival and make personal contact with client at the time of function with proper introduction of service staff who will handle the event
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
PreferredTeamwork Novice Microsoft Office Novice Multi-Tasking Novice Meeting Planning Novice Decision Making Novice Customer Service Novice Behaviors
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School or better.
Bachelors or better.
Some college or better.Experience
Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
3 years: Hotel Sales Manager
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License (valid)