The Doubletree Hotel Boston-Bedford Glen, nestled on 24 wooded acres only 18 miles northwest of Downtown Boston just off the crossroads of I-95 and Route 3, is centrally located by the Middlesex towns of Bedford, Burlington, and Billerica. Our contemporary, boutique hotel is the perfect suburban retreat for leisure or business travel, and is ideally suited for business conferences or gala social events. Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS) is less than 40 minutes away, and we offer complimentary car service within a five-mile radius of the hotel.
Job OverviewThe Business Travel and Leisure Sales Manager contributes to the company’s transient room revenue and occupancy by partnering with existing accounts and developing strategies to solicit and negotiate contracts for hotel, build and maintain relationships in both the business transient and tour and travel markets resulting in increased revenue growth, assist in decisions regarding transient pricing and inventory controls. They are also responsible for spiriting a team environment and offering credible ideas/strategies/vision for the property, which creates an optimal market mix and aligns human resources, structures and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues.
Essential Functions• Maintain appropriate balance of account maintenance and prospecting for new business.
• Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts including prospecting, site tours, sales blitzes, prompt and competent follow-up on leads/referrals, use of Travelclick, Hotelligence Rate 360, use of Lanyon, and networking to maximize room revenue to meet or exceed sales and revenue goals.
• Establish and maintain effective, profitable and positive relationships with customers.
• Practice total account management by harvesting Group and Meetings business from all qualified accounts.
• Organize and conduct qualified FAM Trips for local agencies or travel managers.
• Successfully and consistently achieve minimum weekly sales activities requirements. Track activities including goal to current production status using Delphi.
• Acts as a liaison with other departments in the hotel to provide information in a timely manner and ensure client needs are fulfilled as contracted.
• Assists DOS in creation and achievement of hotel specific goals/strategies in assigned territory to positively impact revenues.
• Communicate a clear sense of strategic direction and goals for both assigned and team territories/markets, where appropriate.
• Incorporate marketing strategies into sales strategies, where appropriate.
• Organize and conduct sales trips to forge strong partnerships and generate optimal results from key accounts and assigned segments.
• Joins and attends appropriate market organizations and industry trade shows.
• Keep abreast of property financial performance relative to budget and forecast.
• Complete pre/post trip reports, Call Reports, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production reports for review with DOS and monthly reports as needed for DOS
• Assist with Annual Budget Process, Marketing Plan and Business Plan as assigned by DOS
• Displays proven track record of selling success
• Ability to be a true “team player.”, including embracing strategies positively impacting the asset, always keeping the global perspective in mind and putting the needs of the team before one’s own.
• Well organized, detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
• Must possess excellent communication skills both internally and externally
• Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the hotel
• Needs to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the hotel and market
• Knowledge of industry trends and creative ways to infiltrate markets/accounts with high potential.
• Proven positive attitude and energy
• Preferred experience in hotel transient sales or related industry
• Comprehensive knowledge of technical and managerial applications of PMS, Delphi and appropriate PC applications.
• Operational knowledge of reservations sales process.
• Operational knowledge of national sales process.
• Familiar with legal and contractual agreements.