Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Analyst will have responsibility for performing detailed analysis, the definition/documentation of business requirements and report/dashboard with a major focus on system impact to ensure the successful delivery of BI initiatives.
This includes meeting and collaborating with business users regularly to define and finalize business requirements, the assembly of reporting to meet requirements, and working with the vendor and various IT resources in order for a deploy to be successful
- Design, Develop, and implement reports in a timely manner in line with requirements that are approved from business stake holder and BI Director
- Keep Stakeholders apprised with an up to date status of reporting being developed
- Update assigned tasks in provided project management tool to keep department aligned with current goals and objectives of each assignment
- Collaborate with the internal IT team, vendor, and subject matter experts to define solutions to develop the architecture of the selected business intelligence reporting solution : with the goal of implementing high performing data solutions which satisfy the BI Requirements.
- Participate and define functional requirements to support report development for operation units
- Ensure timely submission of stakeholder sign off of requirements prior to reports being developed
- Enter and track approved assignments (or projects) into department provided project management tool
- Assess infrastructure, Application and Application configurations on a daily basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
- Assist with the administration of the BI platform to include; permissions for DV Web , RDP , Power BI at both the report level and access level
- Policies & Procedures – Participate and contribute to all Hotel Systems Application Technology Methodologies, and Guidelines.
- Liaise internally with business users in an effort to identify their support requirements and reporting needs
- Support training sessions of new users to include question / answers and best practices. Contribute to FAQ Documents as needed
- Troubleshoot items as first line of defense for vendor and to reinforce training
- Strategic Planning –Assist in the definition and development of Tactical and Strategic BI solutions to support the business unit’s goals and objectives. Adaptability, agility and ability to manage constant change to support the business.
- Minimum 2-year college degree
- 2 – 5 year extensive experience in SSMS, SSRS (demand driven experience) , and SSAS (both tabular and multi-dimensional)
- Strong experience in the development of Complex Reports/Dashboards for various business units (Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales, Finance, F&B teams etc. )
- Strong Excel skills VBA Macros, pivot tables with larger data sets
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehousing
- 1 to 2 years of Project Management experience
- Data visualization design and understanding of tools such as Power BI in conjunction with MDX
- Ability to demonstrate Strong planning, organization and communication skills
- Advocate for data-driven decisions and strong data governance.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently with superior attention to detail.
- Broad knowledge of Hotel Application Systems
- Broad Knowledge of Hospitality Business Unit Functions & Responsibilities with the ability to integrate/meet Business Unit Goals & Objectives through technology
- Strong analytical skills with passion for details
- Demonstrated knowledge of data concepts, deploying BI solutions and working with data warehouses.
- Experience in QA processes and Methods
- Power BI
- Proficiency in data discovery methods and tools.
- Knowledgeable about best practices for data visualization
- Experience with project management tools
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V