Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
We need an energetic BT Sales Manager who knows the market and welcomes a challenge. The key expectation? Grow our BUSINESS TRANSIENT market share, maximize our revenue and profits.
We need a proven strategist who knows how to take the ball and run with it, generating impressive results. Responsible for the profitable development of revenue for Corporate Transient Sales by proactive sales efforts in retaining and developing existing customers and winning new clients within their assigned industry and geographical sectors.
Core sales manager responsibilities include:
-Recommend and implement appropriate yield strategies
-Consistently meet and exceed revenue targets, as set forth by the Senior Leadership
-Partner effectively with other members of the team to increase REVPAR market share
-Communicate effectively (and timely) with internal/external contacts to include Reservations, CRO, and GDS
-Collaborate with the GM and DOSM to create pricing and to establish the monthly forecasts
Essential Job Functions
- Complete all requests by deadlines provided Build and maintain consistent volume from existing corporate accounts and high end travel agents (consortia and BAR segments).
- Write individual sales action plan for this segment quarterly (monthly when requested).
- To be knowledgeable of the competition in the area and our strengths and opportunities.
- Join pertinent associations and attend a few qualified events annually- networking.
- Pass all relevant & detailed information on signed contracts to Reservation/ Revenue Manager to ensure rates are loaded.
- Conduct entertainment and site inspection for all customer contacts; especially potential clients.
- Recommend qualified FAM trips when relevant and important to increasing market share.
- Develop new markets/source of business for Corporate Transient sales.
- Generate new ideas for new promotions, partnerships/strategic alliances to build visibility and revenue opportunities.
- Facilitate VIP and first time guests with reservations with volume accounts/high end travel agencies
- To attend tradeshows, sales trips, industry functions both locally and beyond.
- Maintain contact with historical and lapsed clients to re-ignite a relationship.
2-3 years sales experience, preferably in the hospitality industry; preferably corporate sales.
College degree in hospitality or business administration is preferred.
Experience in upper scale brands.
Delphi knowledge is a plus
RequiredContract Negotiation Expert Customer Service Expert Behaviors
Licenses & Certifications