Brew & Barrel Server
The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
The Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Cocktail Serverto work at the art-centric Summit Hotel in Cincinnati, OH. This position is responsible for providing all guests seated in the bar with an enjoyable experience, through quality service in the most efficient manner at all times.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provides guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Reviews the menu and becomes thoroughly familiar with food and beverage items and means of preparation being offered that day, including the ingredients, preparation, sauces, spirits and garnishes as well as the wine list, what cocktails compliment which food items, and why.
- Checks with manager for assigned station. Ensures station is properly set up and cleaned before, during, and after shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains any specials and/or restaurant/lounge promotions for guest awareness.
- Takes guests’ cocktail and food orders, answering all menu questions, making helpful suggestions, and citing a favorite item.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and work the majority of shift on feet.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.