Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Prepares, seasons and cooks soups, meats, vegetables and other food items for
consumption at restaurants and/or in-room dining. Butchers chicken, beef, fish and
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Prepares food items, such as salads, soups, sauces, meats, and vegetables
according to prescribed recipes and guidelines.
2. Butchers chicken, fish, and shellfish. Cuts, trims and bones meat prior to
3. Reads menu to estimate food requirements and requisitions food from storage.
4. Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate/maintain appropriate temperature of
ovens, broilers, grills, roaster and steam kettles.
5. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen
utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and knives.
6. Bakes, roasts, broils and steams meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Adds
seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking, according to recipe and adjusts as
7. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with
fork to observe that it is cooked. Uses thermometer to ensure food is
cooked/maintained at proper temperature.
8. Carves meats, portions food onto serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and
9. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, and
10. Must wear non-slip, oil resistant shoes.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. One-year prior food prep experience required. Culinary degree or training
2. Possess advanced knowledge of food preparation, professional cooking and
knife handling skills.
3. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
4. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, recipes, short
correspondence and memos.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
7. Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain
one within 30 days of employment.
8. Must know all applicable health standards.
9. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
DoubleTree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.