Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
POSITION SUMMARYThe Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Cook is responsible for cost effective preparation of quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, char broiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensures all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders. Acknowledge any special requests and prepare the menu item accordingly.
- Safe use of supplies and equipment.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.