Westmont Hospitality Group was founded in 1975. What started with a single hotel in North America, has grown to become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organizations in the world.
Throughout the years, Westmont has had an ownership interest in and operated over 1,100 hotels. Currently this stands at over 400 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Radisson and Best Western. Westmont has a very diversified portfolio ranging from budget and aparthotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
Our team members are our most valued resource. Their expertise is what drives our future success.
If you are skilled in the hospitality industry and seek a stimulating workplace that fosters creativity, teamwork and personal development, contact us today. We reward our employees with the benefits and opportunities you'd expect from an industry leader.
Duties include preparing all of the hotel restaurant food items for the breakfast, lunch and Dinner and assist with banquet and wedding prep work, while ensuring quality food, nice presentations and good tasting food from every item prepared.
Position hours: Rotating shift between 3 AM - 12 PM & 7 AM - 3 PM
- Prepares daily preparation lists for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
- Prepares all broiled and sautéed food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product; requires transportation of heavy food products.
- Visually inspects, selects, and uses only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, equipment, and storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
- Maintain all logs, cooling, heating, and temperature.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment.
- Reports unsafe conditions to management.
- Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to management.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in team member handbook).
- Perform any related duties as requested by management.
- Assists other Kitchen Personnel when need.
- Hold a current Food Handler Card.
- 3 years cooking experience preferred. Broiler cooking preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of broiler cooking.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of sauté cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from team members and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
- Frequent twisting, bending, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and smiling.