Four Points by Sheraton Newark
Location: US - DE - Newark
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Manager / Outlet Manager
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: N/A
Purpose for the Position: To serve food in a friendly professional and efficient manner to patrons of the dining establishment, lounge, and banquet functions, thereby adding to a positive experience.
- Promptly greets quests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Communicates often and well with Hotel Staff.
- Set up and replenish the breakfast buffet.
- Responsible for making sure that all items are set up on the buffet table and are put away at the end of the breakfast hours.
- Responsible for restocking items and reporting items needed to Manager, cleaning tables, mopping floors, cleaning toaster, microwave, coffee machine and food displays.
- Keep preparation area clean.
- Stock and operate Grab and Go breakfast station.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Conduct training and/or orientation of various personnel in related job function as required.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Must be a morning person and extremely professional and customer service oriented.
- Experience preferred in services and stocking. Food Handling Certificate a plus.
- Enjoy being a part of a team and working within a cohesive team environment.
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make change (concessions).
- Converse with different people to provide information and deliver service.
- Stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry heavy objects such as heavy trays.
- Be available on nights, days, weekends, and holidays
Physical Demands: Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects in excess of 50 pounds with assistance. Stands, sits, or walks for an extended time period. Performs other reasonable job duties as requested.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to Read instructions, rules, and write sentence, speak clearly.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Speak-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information; includes giving assignments and/or directions to helpers or assistants.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.