At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Set up and tear down of coffee break kiosks which require lifting 19 pound empty coffee urns on top of 4’ kiosk surface. Pushing and pulling refresh cart 200 feet to and from storage areas, stocking and refreshing frozen and chilled items weighing 10-26 pounds per dozen or case on the 4’ high kiosk surface. These require a large amount of lifting and bending.
· Monitoring and continuously refreshing coffee kiosks requiring lifting glassware racks that weigh 25 pound to 4’ high kiosk surface, walking 200 feet to and from storage and cooler areas, bending and lifting soda and ice cream items weighing 10-26 pounds per case. Bending and walking to hokey floor around kiosk, lifting 40 pound bus tub to 4’ cart and pushing cart to break down area to dispense glassware.
· Orders, verifies, and stocks parstock items requiring constant walking to and from cooler and storage area. Lifting parstock items weighing 2-30 pounds to height of 5 feet. Kneeling and bending to count existing inventory.
· Organizes and maintains all storage areas including bending and walking to sweep, mop, and vacuum, ability to lift 40 pound to height of 5’. Kneeling to dust and vacuum.
· Deep cleans all coffee break kiosks requiring kneeling to polish kiosks, being able to reach 5’ in height to polish glass and brass. To bend and lift kiosk items out of cooler and freezer to 4’ cart.
· Reports any major cleaning or repairs as needed.
· Communicates well with Conference Floor Supervisors, Conference Floor Manager and fellow employees.
· The flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand (hotel open 7 days a week.)
· Perform other duties as requested by immediate superior.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
· Previous customer service experience preferred.
· Good communication skills.
· Attention to detail.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Walking, Pushing and Pulling, Lifting up to 25lbs. Manual Dexterity and Fine Motor Skills. Occasional Sitting, Bending Over and Balancing. Constant Standing, Gross Motor Skills, Eye Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision & Hearing.
Working outside, inside, along and closely with others. Working around noise, above ground, around chemicals/detergents and cleaners. Walking on uneven surfaces.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.